Creating a default keyring with passwd.

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:57:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 08:02 -1000, Dave Burns wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> > wanted to know the passwd to open the
>> > default keyring. But I am lost in remembering how to do this.
>>
>> If you delete the contents of ~/.gnome2/keyrings it starts over at the
>> beginning. It is supposed to ask you to create a password at some
>> point, or just use your login password, I am not sure what.
>
>> Dave
> I tried this with no success. Which leaves me with the following
> questions:
> 1. Never before has evolution asked for keyring to store a passwd. I
> mean in versions before F8. How is one supposed to use evolution? No
> keyrings are defined at this point.
> 2, What is the name of the default keyring which evolution thinks exists
> and how do you set its passwd?

I use the keyring manager to deal with that. I only set it up on the
laptop to store the wireless key which is quite long. It burped a few
times when I first set it up but its been good for a while now. It
actually holds keys to a few access points that I have used. Its been
working quite well for me. I know that some have a less enthusiastic
opinion of it.

-Max

--
If opinions were really like assholes we'd each have just one