F9 - cups - windows shared printer

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 24 21:21:18 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
<snip>
> I hope that you won't mind that I will continue to ignore your
> suggestions thinking that they are not useful and even if they worked,
> that isn't the intended behavior and thus no solution at all.

not at all. what ever churns your butter.

if such an easy change is too much for you, then do not. after all it
is your system to fight with.

as for me, i did spend a couple minutes to make change, as i found thru
google, and it did work. granted, it may something different in your
system.

i do know/recall that i did have to add myself to 'lp' group, under
mandrake 9 and 10, when i could not print as a 'user', but could as
'root'.

also, i was joking about adding firefox to 'lp' group.

much luck.

--

tc,hago.

.