Touchpad problems in F9 not yet resolved?

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 21:25:38 UTC 2008

For two laptops on which I installed F9 and updated to current the
touchpad click function was not working.

I had to make changes to xorg.conf in order to get the tap to click function
working on a Dell M4300 and also on a Dell D610. The same applied to an old
Amilo D6800.

I am surprised that this has not been fixed by now - anyone know if this
is on the way?

I had not only no tap-to-click but the cursor transit speed across the screen
was very slow indeed and I had to add appropriate sections to the xorg.conf
to fix both issues.

I am somewhat concerned about plans to make xorg.conf redundent if issues like
this remain in F10 and beyond - anyone add any enlightenment?