F9 - cups - windows shared printer

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 25 01:24:03 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
<snip>
> of course not because if it was there, you would be complaining.

yet for some reason, he is on who is not having a problem.

why? i do not know. do you?

> people should ignore geleem's request

what is wrong with a survey?

even if you do not care to hear of others good fortune, i do.

any way, others are welcome to reply to me. heck, i will even start
a new thread if that will appease you.

> - he's not having a problem anyway  and isn't helping with a solution.

not yet. as i do not have cups set up in f8. now that f9 respin is
out, and i get it installed, i will set up cups.

i may not have any problem. then again, i might. it really depends
on how i have it set up and configured.

how can i help with a solution if i do not have a problem to deal
with? that is other than a survey to find out.

if a 1000 reply with out problems and 4 or 5 reply with a problem,
then that would indicate to me that there is a problem, but it is
one that is unique.

in as much, if i am of the 4 or 5 with a problem, then i would like
to know even more where i messed up and correct it.

as i have stated in other post, i am an 'old head' and at same time
i am a 'newbie'. life would become dull if i were to ever think of
myself as an all knowing expert.

i do hope that when i stop learning it will be when i die.

one thing i have learned thru my years playing with computers, they
can mess up, so can i. many time when a computer messes up, it is
because i have either not understood what they were capable of doing,
or because i have programed them incorrectly, or there has been a
hardware failure.

later.

--

tc,hago.