Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 18:05:16 UTC 2008

> > Why don't we all just agree that  Stallman and the
> FSF are the Borg  and
> > the  GPL is the elixir used to assimilate software
> (and people).
> >
> > Resistance is futile.      ;-)
> >

> Because when your license is strictly a limitation on the
> way your
> product can be improved, your competitor will continue to
> laugh all the
> way to the bank.
>
> I do wonder if Stallman was the inspiration for the GNU
> logo, though,
> since we've moved into the humor department.
>
> --
>    Les Mikesell
>      lesmikesell at gmail.com
> --

The mascot is the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildebeest

Created by Etienne Suvasa.

More can be found here:
http://www.gnu.org/graphics/agnuhead.html

Here you can find many famous mascots* that are Free**

http://chl.be/mascots/

* Free as in free beer or free speech,
** do not know which license they are released under

Regards,

Antonio