kde-4.1 coming soon to f9/updates-testing

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jul 25 18:30:06 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Well, naturally it's up to me, but I was hoping for some insight into
> the relationship between the various repos. I started using kde-redhat a
> few weeks back in order to get a preview of KDE 4.1, and it has gone
> pretty well all in all. What I'd like to know is if there'll be some
> kind of transition period (as happens between Rawhide and the next
> Fedora release) during which changes to kde-redhat are frozen and people
> decide whether to continue on the bleeding edge or return to the
> "official" updates. I don't know if I'm making myself clear here, but
> what I want to avoid is a situation where I block kde-redhat and
> suddenly find a lot of broken dependencies.

Normally, the packages in the official updates will have newer EVRs
(Epoch-Version-Releases, i.e. what defines RPM's version ordering) than what's
currently in kde-redhat testing. Only some packages which stayed in kde-redhat
unstable will not be included in the official updates: cmake 2.6, kdepim 4.1,
and the alpha versions Amarok 2 and KOffice 2. I expect these to stay in
kde-redhat unstable. So you should not run into broken dependencies.

        Kevin Kofler