Install error with Fedora 9

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Jul 26 03:49:06 UTC 2008

kevin kempter wrote:
> I'm trying to install Fedora 9 on a Dell Optiplex box, after the
> 'starting anaconda' message I get this:
>
> ValueError: Invalid object path
> 'org/freedestop/Hal/devices/storage_model_SAMSUNG_HD080HJ/' : ends with
> '/' and is not just '/'
> install exited abnormally [1/1]
>

> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance...

Samsung has a number of drives with the '/' character in the BIOS name,
and unfortunately, the default F9 install makes a path with this name
somewhere.

I think the downloadable Live Media will work.

Just add the kernel parameter "liveinst" at boot time and it will
install itself to the hard drive using anaconda. Also there might be a
icon on the deaktop (after booting) that does the same thing.

I can't swear to this as I build my own bootable Live CDs, and they work
this way, I'm pretty sure the live media (pre-built) does, too.

--
John

ref :

See Live Media :