"exception Emask 0x0" on harddisk

Huub huubvanniekerk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 20:15:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

My laptop running F9 doesn't boot properly anymore. After starting the
VolumeGroup, it starts giving:

ata1.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x0
ata1.00: BMDMA stat 0x25
ata1.00: status: { DRDY ERR }
ata1.00: error: { UNC }
ata1.00: cmd c8/00:2c:61:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/e0 tag 0

repeatedly. Also Buffer I/O errors are given. Other posts suggest that
it may not be the harddisk, being a cosmetic error like hit Esc and go
on. Selecting a different kernel doesn't solve it, neither does hitting
Esc. Any suggestions? Laptop is out of warranty for a year now and never
had any problem like this one.

Any suggestions?

Thank you...