a long rebuttal to the Linux-is-the-engine fallacy

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Sat Jul 26 20:02:43 UTC 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008 22:07, John Cornelius wrote:
> I fail to see the value of this line of discussion in this forum even
> though the points are provocative to say the least.
[snip]
> Note that my opening thought was that I fail to see the _value_ of this
> discussion in this forum not that there is no value in the discussion in
> _some_ forum.

Oh, come on, we are having a nice time discussing some philosophical aspects
of what is the most important piece of software, what is an operating system,
how they should be named etc. ;-)

This list is full of computer-savvy people who might give interesting
contributions to the discussion. Besides, this is not the first OT thread on
this list, and I fear it is not the last also. People tend to get used to
having this kind of threads from time to time here. :-)

If you are not interested, feel free not to read the thread.

Best, :-)
Marko