Fedora 8 and partitioning

TechList techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Sun Jul 27 21:39:53 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 July 2008 05:03:32 pm Adil Drissi wrote:
> Hi, i reinstalled fedora before reading your message. I did it in my way i
> removed the two windows partitions in the installation process. Now i have
> in the file system some 24GB. I have another problem now. I trying to
> install gcc because i didn't choose to do so during the installation
> process. I am using the menu "applications --> add remove software". After
> that i have an alert box saying that an other program is blocking access to
> information about software. Do you have an idea about how i can resolve
> that?

After you login usually Fedora checks to see if there are updates available.
During that time, the package manager locks its database to avoid conflict.
If you are trying to "Add / Remove Software" at that moment, you'll get that
message. What you could do is wait few minutes for the process that checks
for updates to complete, and then try again.

TL