New support lists?

linux.whiz at gmail.com linux.whiz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 04:16:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Reading the last couple emails from another thread on maybe new list or
> two, and to segregate the content to them was brought up and have couple
> new list names that might help make sense or to get the ball rolling?
>
> fedora-list(this one) - General Fedora talk, opinions, suggestions,
> comments, distro wars, all that type stuff not support related.
>
> fedora-user-list or fedora-support-list - Bug references, problems with
> software, computer won't boot, email don't work, firefox plugins not
> working, etc.. where problems are asked about and responded to on
> *official releases*.
>
> fedora-testers-list - as is, for testing alpha, beta, preview, rc
> releases when preparing a new release.
>
> fedora-devel-list - as is, for development of fedora, and the rest that
> is currently used on that list.
>
> See the url below for currently created lists already being used..

> Would this help make things better?

Not really.  This list worked great until Alexandre hijacked it.  He
needs to be booted for persisting in spewing all that OT shit into our
mailboxes after being asked repeatedly to stop.

I used to be ambivalent about the "Free Software" folks vs. the "Open
Source" folks.  I'd like to congratulate Alexandre for fucking that
ambivalence.  I now understand why the "Free Software" folks get
laughed at so hard, so often.

And my opinion of Red Hat is shit now, since they have a
representative like Alexandre fronting for them.

What a dipshit.  Educated, maybe, but dumb as a rock.

LW