SElinux and Brother printer driver problem on F8

Bernd Bartmann bernd.bartmann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 16:42:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I installed the CUPS printer drivers for my MFC-9840CDW on my F8
system and followed the instructions from
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/linux_faq-2.html#30
to update the SElinux rules.
Printing itself works fine, but the page size is not correct. I need
A4, but all prints come out as Letter altough A4 is set in the printer
config tool. Now, whenever I print something I get a SElinux warning:

SELinux is preventing brprintconf_mfc (cupsd_t) "write" to ./inf (usr_t).

I had a look at the files under
/usr/local/Brother/Printer/mfc9840cdw/inf/ and they all contain the
wrong "Letter" setting. I suspect that the printer drivers want to
change the settings in these files to "A4", but fails due to the
SElinux issue.

What rule do I have to put where to solve this issue?

Best regards,
Bernd