Entering Interactive startup

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 29 17:21:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 18:24 -0400, Robert Karge wrote:
> After loading FD9 on a spare machine at the next restart when reaching
> the point of "enter an I for interactive startup" I did do that.
> But every time I have used this function on the same computer through
> numerous new releases of Fedora it always worked.
> Not this time.

Worked here, about as well as it ever has:  Not instantly, often after
the point that I wanted to go into interactive mode (i.e. some services
have started as usual), I've never worked out whether it needs i or
shift+i, and I've had to stab repeatedly to get it recognised.

Another thing that springs to mind is what sort of keyboard are you
using?  If it's USB, the system mightn't be recognising it as a
keyboard, yet.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686