SELinux issue with BackupPC 3.1.0 on Fedora 6

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:00:18 UTC 2008

Hi.  I am trying to get BackupPC working on a Fedora Core 6 server.

I installed BackupPC with "yum install backuppc" and "yum install httpd".

But when I fire up the Web interface, it says

       Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server

And I have an SE Linux error message:

avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=5120 comm="perl5.8.8"
name="BackupPC.sock" dev=dm-0 ino=56393744
scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t:s0
tcontext=user_u:object_r:var_log_t:s0 tclass=sock_file

If I turn off SE Linux, BackupPC works fine.   But per our policy,
this server must have SE Linux turned on.

How to make this work, please?

Best,
Aleksey