xscreensaver on dual-monitor setup

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 04:58:14 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a Twin-view configuration setup with the LCD monitor and TV. It
used to be that xscreensaver treated those independently and launched an
individual whatever_the_screensaver_was_selected on each of them. After
the  recent update of xscreensaver-gl-extras-gss-5.06-2.fc8 and
xscreensaver-gl-extras-5.06-2.fc8 my setup is treated as one common area
and a single screensaver is launched in the middle. It looks kinda ugly,
because of the significantly different resolution between  the display
devices.

So I am wondering whether the current behavior this is a bug or feature
and is it possible to turn back the old behavior without rolling back to
the previous version? Maybe some command-line parameter?

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running FC7 x86_64 and FC8 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./