SELinux and mysqld

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 15:29:47 UTC 2008

Sieranski, Greg wrote:
> When I start up mysql I receive the following alert from SELinux:
> SELinux is preventing mysqld (mysqld_t) "search" to ./gps
> (user_home_dir_t).
>
> I did some searching around and came across a possible solution.
>
> yum -y install selinux-policy-targeted-sources
> vi /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/misc/local.te
>
> add the following rules:
>
> allow mysqld_t user_home_dir_t read;
>
> Then:
> cd /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/
> make reload
>
> Before I do this I wanted to see If I am adding the correct rule? Can
> anyone tell me if this is the right way to resolve the issue?
>
> TIA,
> Greg Sieranski

Are you on a RHEL4 machine?  This would only work for a RHEL4 machine.

The first question you should ask, is this a problem.  What probably
happened is you were in the gps directory when you restarted the daemon.

The daemon checks the current working directory and created this avc.
Not really important.

IE You can ignore it.