Installing i386 packages via yum on a x86_64 F9 based system

Ubence Quevedo r0d3nt at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 31 14:48:46 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,

I recently reformatted my x86_64 F9 based system, and somehow before the format I was able to install i386 packages via yum [I forgot exactly how I did this].  Now after the reformat, when I try to specify i386 packages to install [yum list *.i386], I get no results returned.  Is there a specific repo I need to enable to access the i386 packages?  The reason for this question is because I manually installed the x86 version of Firefox, and the required libraries and files to run i386 Firefox aren't installed as part of the x86_64 install.

Can someone please advise on how I can install i386 packages via yum on a x86_64 based system?

Thanx!

-Ubence