ssh to a remote server via gateway server

lux yuanlux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 00:31:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:

> ssh

> and
> has
> | >
> | > Then he definitely wants sshto:
> | >
> | >  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/sshto
> | >
> | > Conveniently, it can make use of an sshtorc file that maps "name" into
> an
> | > arbitrary "name1!name2!name3!..." ssh hop path. I routiney get only
> | > certain hosts as "sshto foo" where "foo" designates a multihop ssh
> path.
> |
> | Sounds a  very interesting tool. I gave it a try. But
> | what is shqstr?
> | looks a like a command, but not in my system
>
> Yeah, sshto shamelessly uses other scripts from that same collection.
> Shqstr quotes strings for handing to eval/sh/remote-ssh intact.
>
> The simplest thing is to go to:
>   http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/
> and download the tarball, unpack into /opt/css. Source /opt/css/env.sh
> to fix up your $PATH (it appends, so as not to preempt any of your
> normal commands or libraries). Then retry.
>
> Please let me know if you have further trouble; this stuff is _meant_ to be
> usable by people who aren't me:-)
>
> Cheers,

Thanks a lot, I will try it. I followed your hint of ProxyCommand

here is the .ssh/config file:

Host labpc
        ProxyCommand ssh  lux at gw -t -w 3 labpc 22

When

ssh labpc

I got two layers of prompt for login. there were possible outputs:

1st, sometime, I got login to labpc , but it last 1 or 2 seconds, and get
discconetctd with this message:Connection to labpc closed by remote host.

the 2nd output is failure to login and got this message:
Write failed: Broken pipe

any suggest? thanks