lenovo X60 and external display with fedora 9

Mike Zingale zingale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 21:09:45 UTC 2008

I just updated my laptop from fedora core 6 to fedora 9 (I did a clean
install).  The display now uses the Intel driver.  Under FC6, all I
needed to do was plug a display into the external VGA port, and
instantly my desktop would be cloned on the external display.

With the new intel driver, this no longer seems to work.

I can seem to get it to display by plugging in a monitor and doing
"xrandr --auto", but this seems to be a step backwards.  Is there
anyway to get the external VGA port to automatically clone the display
when something is plugged in?

Thanks for any help,

Mike