eth 0 Problem

sai tejaswi vinnakota tejasvinnakota at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:15:36 UTC 2008

Registered: May 2008
  *eth0 :error fetching interface information*
------------------------------

I was unable install redhat linux 9.x on my machine and the installation was
hanging at "probing pci hardware(bus00)" message
So After googling i found an answer and i was suggested to use* "linux
all-generic-ide irqpoll pci=nommconf"
*.
with ABOVE suggesstion ,i could install linux on my machine.
but i ve to edit my grub.conf kernel paramter.
i.e i had to append "linux all-generic-ide irqpoll pci=nommconf" flag to
kerenel parameter as i ve installed the OS using same flag else OS is nt
getting loaded.

But due to the above way of installation,my NIC is not detected.

ive entere below command
#ifconfig eth0 101.33.122.33

and the error is "eth0:error fetching interface informaiton"

my ethernet card is workng properly and the drivers are also available,
as i can see my driver name(e1000) through lsmod and also my device through
lspci.
But why has this error occured and how to recover.

Please suggest me a solution.

Thank you