Fedora 9 on Sony VGN-SZ2MB

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 6 01:22:49 UTC 2008

Christian Schuermann:
>> I recently shot my new notebook on ebay and finally I'm holding it in
>> my

max:
> That's one tough notebook if it'll take a slug and keep on
> ticking....i probably wouldn't complain about a few glitches after i
> shot my notebook considering it probably shouldn't work at all.

I presume it was a case of "spellcheck strikes again".  ;-)

I saw a wonderful demo video [1] from IBM for their laptops, at the
local shops.  They put a laptop on a test rig as used to crash cars into
concrete walls, for safety tests.  You see the laptop fly off, smack
into the wall, screen bending and warping on impact, and *apparently*
still working.  Looks a bit worse for wear, though.  ;-)

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw78gcU713g&feature=related

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, all using Gnome
 in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.