Evolution Exchange breakage

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Jun 8 09:22:36 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 22:25 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 18:01 +0000, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > Suddenly, Evolution has stopped working with the exchange connector.
> > Whenever I try to read a folder, I get a pop-up with
> >
> >         Error while Refreshing folder (or Error while opening
> >         folder ...)
> >         Lost connection to Evolution Exchange backend process
> >
> > Sometimes I get a "folder doesn't exist" message.
> >
> > Calendars seem to be OK.
> >
> > I tried using the previous kernel, and I tried backing out the latest
> > Evolution update, downgrading to evolution-2.12.3-4.fc8.x86_64.rpm, but
> > neither helps.
> >
> > Anybody else seeing this?  Any suggestions?
>
> My suggestion is to head over to the Evolution list, where a lot of the
> traffic in recent months has been about problems with Exchange

That's probably my next stop, but I thought I'd check here first because
it was working last week with F8 and fails now with F8, so I wondered if
it was something that happened in F8.

> (to the
> annoyance of those of us who don't use it).

I am truly sorry about that.  I really wish there were an
enterprise-class alternative that I could persuade my enterprise to
adopt, but that's not going to happen any time soon (whether due to lack
of alternative or lack of ability to steer my lumbering enterprise...).