make thunderbird NOT show html

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 15:36:37 UTC 2008

David Boles wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> also know as;
>>>
>>> which is probably a 'default' config for 'gmail.com'.
>>>
>>> most 'gmail' that comes thru list is 'rich text'.
>>>
>>> a lot of folks who use gmail, hotmail, and other 'free' email, <---
>>> will not bother to set configs and are usually there to hide.  <---
>>
>> This bit above. "and are usually there to hide." What's with that? Ric
>

> The paranoia factor maybe?  ;-)

Hotmail I would probably agree with, but both gmail and yahoo provide higher end
paid for service if you want it, and both yahoo and gmail are sub-contractors
for a number of ISP's mail systems.

I am on gmail because my ISP's email had enough issues that I kept getting
unsubscribed from various lists (I assume because of funny bounces).

My ISP has now fixed that issue by making some sort of deal with gmail for gmail
to provide their mail service .... but I might as well use gmail directly since
that email address will stay around for a lot longer than the one through the
ISP's gmail connection.

                            Roger