kjournald locks up the system periodically in Fedora 9

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:19:04 UTC 2008

2008/6/9 stan <goedigi89__e at cox.net>:
> Hi,
>
> Running up to date Fedora 9.  Every so often, kjournald locks up the system
> due to heavy IO.  When it is done, system response returns to normal.  Is
> this normal?  Or should I report it as a bug?

I see the same issue, but hadn't nailed it down to kjournald being the
culprit - what makles you think it is kjournald? Interesting I only
see it on one of 3 F-9 installs, and that one differs from the other
two in having encrypted  volumes, so I was thinking it might be due to
that, but need to dig further.