[F8]: Getting MIDI player to work: HOW?

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:57:42 UTC 2008

Em Quarta 11 Junho 2008, Michael Schwendt escreveu:
> 2008/6/11 Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com>:
> > Well... not for me.  I fundamental problem is that everything I
> > have tried so far does not get midi to work with pulseaudio.  Heck,
> > giving up,
>
> All I need to do in F8 is to run "timidity file.mid" and it plays via
> pulseaudio. As a test I can run Audacious in parallel and let it play
> via its pulseaudio output plugin, too. I haven't set up anything for
> this.
>
> > The whole point of this exercise , is that I can get Midi to run
> > albeit, crappy sounding, so why is it that PulseAudio cannot even
> > do that much - I haven't found any place where I can setup MIDI
> > under PulseAudio.
> >
> > Any advice, please?
>
> timidity outputs to the normal PCM device, because it is a software
> wavetable player.

But how do you configure the browser (Firefox) to play midi files
embbeded in web pages? Is there a timidity plugin or something like
that?
Also, how do you play midi embbeded in other applications documents,
like open office presentations? In summary, is there a easy way to make
the whole system "midi aware"?

[]'s
Marcelo