I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Jun 12 00:20:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 16:34 -0700, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 14:12 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> >>[...]
> >> still...for exchange server and evolution, I would recommend that
> you
> >> set up the Exchange connector instead of IMAP.
> >
> > Yes, as bad as the Exchange connector is, my recent experience
> without
> > it convinced me that IMAP is ever so much worse.
>
> What's wrong with IMAP?

Dang!  I read this message and found out that I missed 2 email messages
since my posting except this one!  I discovered that somehow I am not
getting
these messages through to my email server - delayed?  I checked my logs
and
saw that Craig's message was never logged, but I got Anne's message
logged but
the message disappeared, Then Arthur's message asking about Kmail
version
I was referring to (which is 3.5.9), and this was never logged, nor
received, followed
with Matthew, again no logged nor received and finally I got Arthur
which was logged
and received.

And Finally, I checked my setup and it appears that I am actually using
the Exchange
connector (or so I think) because instead of selecting IMAP, I chosed
Exchange.

I wonder if there is some "switching" going on between my 2 email
servers as directed
by my new split-DNS setup or that my main email server simply dropped
the connection
for which there is no log - I'll have to dig through the Exchange logs
to be certain.

Sigh, I have some work cut out for me.

Dan