Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Sun Jun 15 02:11:18 UTC 2008

On Sat June 14 2008 17:44:31 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Mike Bird <mgb-fedora <at> yosemite.net> writes:
> > The KDE devels are debating whether KDE 4.2 will be usable.
>
> That's not true

Unfortunately it is true.  Many of the KDE devels believe
4.0 should not have been shipped, and are upset that 4.1
will also ship with such a poor desktop.

The KDE devels' debate can be fairly summarized as:

A. We shouldn't be shipping 4.x in this state.
B. Plasma can do everything that 3.5 could do.
A. When?  4.2?  4.3?
B. Yeah, maybe.

e.g. http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=121309298223054&w=2

We all make mistakes.  Shipping KDE 4.0 in F9 was a mistake.
It would be insulting to the members of the Fedora KDE SIG
to assume that they would repeat their mistake in F10.  Hence
the title of this thread.

--Mike Bird