how to not lock the screen

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 15 20:21:47 UTC 2008

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> I got around to trying 1 and 2, but no joy.
> After exiting X, I did notice window manager complaints.
> I kind of fuzzy on what they were.

i have yet to close kde and not have a bunch of errors show. most of them are
'error: bad window', but all windows were ok and i just dismiss them.

> Possibly they were the result of trying to run a gnome desktop without gnome.
> IIRC I didn't clickon gnome during install.

fedora has gnome as default desktop. to disable gnome, you must unselect it,
as well as you must select kde.

>> 3) r & r kde.
>
> I don't know how to r & r KDE or anything else.
> I presume it doesn't mean rest and recreate.

no.

> seaRch and destRoy?

closer. remove and replace.

it is possible that something was wrong in original install. this is why when
i note problems in a new install, i consider that if there is 1 or 2 problems
that i see, there could be more. so i will do a complete new install. usually
this will fix problems. if not, i install again, but leave out a lot of
manual selections for later if install looks good.

--

tc,hago.

.