Gnash question regarding http://www.y8.com/games/Penalty_Fever

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 17:56:38 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 6/16/08, Ian Chapman <packages at amiga-hardware.com> wrote:

> From: Ian Chapman <packages at amiga-hardware.com>
> Subject: Re: Gnash question regarding http://www.y8.com/games/Penalty_Fever
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Monday, June 16, 2008, 10:31 AM
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> > Is there some setting that can be modified so CPU
> behaves normally while playing Penalty_Fever, or just
> forget about playing it with Gnash?
>
> Well as someone who uses Gnash on a PPC laptop because
> it's really the
> only solution it's just simply very CPU intensive
> compared to Adobe's
> flash. I think it's largely in part because Adobe
> employ some kind of
> just-in-time compilation to speed things up.
>
> --
> Ian Chapman.

Thank you Ian for taking the time to respond to this question.  I have the workaround in my hand, play Penalty_Fever from Slax and not worry about it in Fedora.  There is not much that I can do.  BTW, sometimes the CPU goes up very high as well with the Adobe flash plugin on much slower machine, but it is workable as the kids liked to play despite the sluggishness of the computer.

Regards,

Antonio