F9 mounting NTFS drives?

jjsg82 jjsg82 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:25:39 UTC 2008

Knute Johnson escribió:
> I installed F9 x86_64 on my computer that had F8 on it before.  Now
> the first drive that has XP on it doesn't auto-mount nor can I mount
> it by selecting the 'Mount Volume' from the menu.  Are the NTFS
> drivers not loaded in a normal install?
>
> Also I notice that there is not an icon for the Windows network.  That
> was quite handy.  The smbclient functions perfectly however.
>
> Thanks,
>
> knute...

Initially, I had the same problem
I installed with yum ntfs-3g
"su -c 'yum install ntfs-3g fuse fuse-libs' "
later, i made a folder called Windows in /media
, edit the /etc/fstab file
and i wrote in the last line

/dev/hda1         /media/Windows         ntfs-3g rw,defaults,umask=0000 0 0

reboot the system

this solve me the problem

--
Juan Sierra