SATA - System Freezes

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 22:14:08 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 17 June 2008 04:40:25 pm Alan Cox wrote:
> What does smart utils have to say about the drive last logged errors ?

Arrrrgh thanks Alan. I forgot about S.M.A.R.T..but shame on me:  smartd  isn't
running on my machine (not enabled INIT-wise).  I just started it and enabled
it via chkconfig.

Anyway, I ran some tests using smartctl and it looks fine.  The "last logged
errors" you mention would be in some db on my filesystem right?  The memory
on the drive (for SMART stuff) won't store any historical information right?

Thanks!
Jorge