Who controls the F-9 KDE panel?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jun 18 12:08:57 UTC 2008

I have a few minor problems with Fedora-9/KDE,
and was thinking of posting a couple of bugzillas,
but was not sure which KDE (or Xorg) component was involved.

Eg it is difficult to start most applications - konsole, knode, etc -
by clicking on the icon in the panel.
I have to press for several seconds, and then press again.
But who is in charge of this?

Another minor problem is that when I highlight one desktop
in the multi-desktop icon, and then start an application,
it often starts in another desktop (unlike in F-8).
Again I'm not sure who or what is in charge of this.

Third example: many applications are not "remembered"
when I shutdown and start again.
Can I eg ask that konsole should start up in desktop 1
when I re-boot.
Again, F-8 was much better at recalling previous settings.