Boinc problems ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Jun 19 21:17:26 UTC 2008

Hi;

When I launch boincmgr I get the following error message:

        "Authorization failed connecting to running client.
        Make sure you start this program in the same directory as the
        client."

They are both in /usr/bin/ and boinc_client is running happily.

If however, in boincmgr I open on the menu Advanced => Select Computer
=> localhost and paste in the password
from  /var/lib/boinc/gui_rpc_auth.cfg boincmgr will open connected to
boinc_client.  How do I get boincmgr to open with boinc_client
automatically attached (or whatever the proper terminology is) without
going through the password exercise?  It used to in Fedora 8.

I have tried as many variations as I can think of following man
boincmgr, man boinc_client and the advice at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mjakubicek/HowToUseBoinc

This not a killer, but is annoying.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2