Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 19:40:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
>> Mike Bird wrote:
>>
>>> My loyalty is to keeping my systems secure and my users productive.
>>> It's hard to believe that Red Hat would ship KDE 4.1 in F10, but if
>>> it does KDE users will just choose another distro and install it.
>>
>> Speak for yourself.
>> I doubt if you speak for anyone else.
>> You certainly don't speak for this KDE user.
>>
>> --
>
> He is speaking for me.  I was a RedHat / Fedora user 10 years, 1 month
> ago, I became an Ubuntu user.

That's cool, but surely you didn't do it for more KDE?

> Being a beta tester for RedHat is OK as a way of life, but the other
> companies for which I test stuff give me free samples :)

I guess if you repeat this "beta tester for RedHat" you will
eventually believe it.

> It never came clear to me until I read Ann Wilson's post in this
> thread:  "We should always remember that Fedora
> does not set out to be the stable desktop required in most production
> situations.  You use it at your peril,  The fact that it actually
> works in most situations is a bonus."

This isn't some deep secret

> It never really struck me that way: if you use Fedora, you don't have
> a reason to expect that  your PC will actually work. Well, I do need
> it to start up sometimes so I can read this group.

That's an exaggeration. You have an expectation that your PC will
work, you just don't have an expectation of having stable software all
the time.

( www.pembo13.com )