Wireless problems.

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Sun Jun 22 20:47:42 UTC 2008

Mike wrote:
> Mark Haney <mhaney <at> ercbroadband.org> writes:
>
>> lspci -v
>>
>> 02:09.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
>> 	Subsystem: Linksys WMP54G ver 4.1
>> 	Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
>> 	Memory at e8100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32K]
>> 	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>> 	Kernel driver in use: rt61pci
>> 	Kernel modules: rt61pci
>>
>> The only thing I've changed on this box recently has been the kernel and
>> associated updates.
>
> Might be useful to know how you are connecting - NetworkManager, wpa-supplicant
> WEP, WPA? I am using F8 with wpa_supplicant on three different machines with
> different wireless cards in each and have no problems - one is rt73usb.
>
> On the other hand I know someone who is using WEP with standard network
> defined in ifcfg-*** files - and has been having problems for a while now
> in F8

Yeah that would probably help.  Actually, I'm just connection.  It's a
wireless card but no encryption involved.  It's a straight up
connection.  Security isn't a real problem here where I live.  I have 20
acres of land and no one is even close to me neighbor wise.  So, it's
nothing complicated.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support