Wireless problems.

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Jun 23 01:51:43 UTC 2008

Mark Haney wrote:

> I totally misunderstood your question, I'm sorry about that.  I connect
> via a simple ifcfg-xx file.  I don't use NM for anything.  I don't have
> dhclient running since I gave it a static IP.  That's not ever been a
> problem before, it's been a static IP since I put the card in the box a
> half year ago.

I'm surprised to hear myself saying this, but why not try NM?
I know it's meant to have problems with fixed IP,
but it cannot do any harm to try.

I've usually found the information in /var/log/messages is quite helpful
with WiFi problems.

Also it might be worth trying "iwlist scan" as root.
And wifi-radar is sometimes helpful.