Wide, flat, & weird : HP w2207h with F8 & F9

Raymond C. Rodgers sinful622 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 00:54:23 UTC 2008

Beartooth wrote:
> 	I've been running several F8 and F9 machines behind a KVM switch
> against what seemed the current high-end monitor in local stores. (My old
> LCD, which was 1280x1024, died suddenly.)
>
> 	The first weirdness, of several, is that my three PCs all handled
> it well enough to be usable under F8, albeit not optimally -- they try
> variously to treat the display or the hardware, or both, as anything from
> 1280x1024 to 1680x1050 (which is what it is), and often fail when they're
> over 1280x1024.

My HP w2207h worked fine with both F8 and F9 on an ATI Radeon HD3850,
and in fact the clean install of F9 I did didn't even bother to ask me
what resolution I wanted to run the monitor in, it just set it
automatically to 1680x1050. Sorry I'm of no help, but I do have a
question for you on this monitor & Fedora: Have you found a way to get
the monitor to actually display any of the text mode terminals (say
alt-control-1) without going to sleep because the signal is out of
range? I've had the monitor for about two months now, and I'm frustrated
that text mode access is out of visible reach, and the scaling settings
don't seem to solve the problem.

Raymond