Selinux and awstats

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Tue Jun 24 18:48:38 UTC 2008

I once had awstats on this machine, but it's been long ago
removed. I've had a persistent flood of error messages ever since
that I can't seem to find the cause of. They look like this:

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple
different specifications for /var/lib/awstats(/.*)?
(system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_script_rw_t:s0 and
system_u:object_r:awstats_var_lib_t:s0).
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple
different specifications for /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-
bin(/.*)?  (system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_script_exec_t:s0 and
system_u:object_r:httpd_awstats_script_exec_t:s0).

When booting up, I can get a whole screenful of these things.
Every time I run smartpm, I get them. I've tried editing
references to awstats out of the indicated files, which seems to
work briefly, but then the messages return.
--
Claude Jones