What is the matter with fedora 9?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jun 26 18:34:46 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
> First of all, Tom didn't qualify his comments on NetworkManager which is
> very useful in some instances and apparently is installed as the default
> networking daemon if you install from Live CD. His suggestion to turn it
> off:
> - lacked any suggestion that you need to turn on the regular 'network'
> daemon in its place instead

Did you read the post you copied? He suggested that you turn
NetworkMangler off, and the traditional (functional) network daemon in
the very next line! It's the line between the disabling of NM and the
line that says "reboot" if you are having problems finding it.

> - lacked any consideration of wireless or dhcpcd client needs

Which work as they did in FC8 (and all the way back to FC4).

> With respect your your efforts making Fedora 9 work to your
> expectations, you've sort of proven your own problems to yourself but
> contributed nothing to fixing any issues that may exist.

He provided a three line fix for the NM problem, while I knew that
already I'm sure some people didn't.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>