Double checking grub-install ??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 26 22:05:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 10:28 -0400, William Case wrote:
> When I first boot I get the Fedora grub splash screen/menu twice --
> besides that everything else boots normally.

Sounds like you've installed GRUB, again, to a second location.  And,
now, one chainloads the other, before the computer boots.

Computer relay racing...  Pass the baton...  ;-)

I might guess that you've got a grub inside a grub directory.
e.g. /boot/grub/grub/grub

I avoided using the grub-install scripts, as they can make some
unwarranted assumptions.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686