RAID1 in F9

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:23:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM,  <redhatdude at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to create a RAID1 with 2 500GB HD I got.
> Can anyone point me to a good step by step howto to do this with Fedora 9?
> Thanks,
> EJ

Have you considered doing a fresh install and using the GUI partition
create to create the RAID? It isn't suepr intuitive, but I was able to
figure it out.

1. Make a /boot partition  on the primary drive
2. Use the remaining space on that drive as a raid partion
3. Make a raid partition of equal size on the secondary drive
4. Make a raid array
5. Create your ext3 partitions on the new virtual drive

Not the exact steps, just what I remember, I don't have the UI infront
me right now, sorry
( www.pembo13.com )