VIM Q again

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Jun 2 00:39:11 UTC 2008

On 01Jun2008 20:19, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
| However adding the missing comments is severely hampered by vim's apparent
| inability to do a global search and replace with the example shown in
| the ":help change" portion of the online help.

The help is probably wrong then.

| So what am I doing wrong when in the command mode, I type
| /s/L1BAE/isspace/&g, or :s/L1BAE/isspace/&g

What do you think each of the "&" and the "g" do in your line?

Next. What does:

  :s/L1BAE/isspace/g

do? That's for a single line. Every line:

  :%s/L1BAE/isspace/g

It would help if you explained what you were trying to achieve instead of
what you were trying to type.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.
- Albert Einstein