Fedora 9 bind problem

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:49:55 UTC 2008

Hello List!

I have installed F9 as a fresh install, setup bind to resolve both
local and wan side addresses.

I have no errors in the log file, but i have restart bind about every
2 minutes in order to resolve any
address.

This same configuration has worked flawlessly in the past, for at
least as far back as fc4.  I am not
sure exactly is happening, but if I run system-config-network and set
the dns servers, then save and restart
the changes do not take effect.  I have to manually edit the
ifcfg-eth0 file and change the DNS1 and DNS2
entries in order for it to work.

I am behind a gateway router/firewall so i have the default firewall
disabled, I also have selinux disabled.

Could this be a NetworkManager problem.

TIA

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at