Rhythmbox and Exaile Silent

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 05:54:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 9:16 AM, das <dasd.here at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today, the mplayer's audio too got silent, when I tried to play a
> movie. The error message was about pulse-audio. I erased pulse-audio,
> after that, the audio is restored, but, not on Xfce, only in Gnome.
> Maybe I will have to compile mplayer once again.

I am not experiencing the same issues as you. It sounds something is
very broken with your systems ... maybe due to ripping out packages in
attempting to solve your problem.

Before wacking pulse-audio, did you check to see if the application
specific volume was muted in the PA Volume Control? I have some apps
that come up muted the first time and some (xine) that come up muted
everytime.

/Mike