Diskless FC9 workstations

Nicolae Ghimbovschi xfreebird at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 08:54:55 UTC 2008

You could set up manually the tftp and the dhcp server to allow PXE boot.

But this is not a right solution if you want to deploy on many clients.

Try Cobbler  http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/ .

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> I have a need to boot several diskless workstations with fc9. I was looking at ltsp but I
> am not convinced that is a workable solution as the server I intend to use is rhel5.1 and
> so the presented environment would then end up being a rhel desktop which isn't what I am
> after.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions/experience in doing this? The key being the workstations
> must be completely diskless.
>
> Thanks!
> jlc
>
> --

"Be the change you want to see in the world !" Mahatma Gandhi