F9: The good and the bad

Robert McBroom (TNWestTex) no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Tue Jun 3 15:03:23 UTC 2008

> lanas wrote:
>
> Video is:
>
> Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
>
> A quite slow glxgears reports:
>
> Failed to initialize TTM buffer manager.  Falling back to classic.
> 4790 frames in 5.0 seconds = 957.905 FPS
> XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
> after 19132 requests (6276 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
>
> Video is not so fast, perhaps slower than F8.  glxgears is not

Al
I have the 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller also. What driver did F9 use for the 82945G for you?  I use the i810 driver in F8, but in F9 it does not detect my card.  Disabling /etc/X11/xorg.conf auto finds the card but the display is left shifted on the Dell D1028L monitor.

system-config-video shows the default driver as

Intel--Experimental modesetting driver, the xorg.conf built by this configurator works with "intel" as the driver name, but the display has the same offset that the auto configuration gave.  The xvidtune cannot change any of the card settings.
Robert McBroom

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=268857&topic_id=56531&forum=10#forumpost268857
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame Darkenergy at bellsouth.net.