VIM Q again

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Jun 3 16:43:15 UTC 2008

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> The Z80 had:
>>
>>     JR idx(unconditional)
>>     JR Z,idx (jump relative if zero)
>>     JR NZ,idx (jump relative if non-zero)
>>     JR C,idx (jump relative if carry)
>>     JR NC,idx (jump relative if non-carry)
>>
>> And one of my favorites for loops:
>>
>>     DJNZ idx (decrement and jump relative if non-zero)
>>
>> So, yes, the Z80 had conditional relative jumps.  It also had that nice
>> set of secondary registers...very handy for interrupt processing.
>
> Oh, no!   You've started my "flashback" processor running.  I'm not
> going to get any work done today.  Please stop.  :-) :-)

Whoops!  Sorry!  I know how painful that can be.  I recall the old
4004...damn!  Got me too.  :-)

Programmers' Cheer, circa 1979:

	Rotate Left
	Rotate Right
	Push On
	Pop Off
	Byte!  Byte!  Byte!

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-               500: Internal Fortune Cookie Error                   -