Thunderbird

andrey i. mavlyanov aim at aim.pp.ru
Tue Jun 3 17:28:48 UTC 2008

Daniel B. Thurman пишет:

> Couple of problems:
>
> 1) Deleting any item(s) from the folders do not actually remove
>    items from the folders.  It just does not appear in Thurnderbird
>    and subsequently moved into "Trash".  But using a different
>    IMAP client on another system still shows the item but read.
>    Is there a configuration I can set to force a real deletion?

Use File -> Purge folders from time to time (or after using TB).

You can also check "Purge "INBOX" folder on exit" option in the server
settings of the imap account.

> 2) I am not able to retrieve the address book from the IMAP
>    server - what do I need to do to make this work?

imap server does not handle the address book functionality. It is LDAP
server who do this thing. Check out you ldap settings.

--
  /aim [ http://aim.pp.ru/ ]