Slightly OT: Verify certificate?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 4 06:29:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 04:34 +0000, g wrote:
> never open email you are unsure of.

That's a bit like never eat any food that you've never eaten before.

>  i believe only 'safe' email reader is tried and proven *mutt*.

He said, whilst using Thunderbird...  ;-)

I particularly dislike Thunderbird's method of rendering all mail as if
it were HTML.  Even plain text mail gets rendered, you don't get to see
what's sent, you see how it re-interprets the content, and it does make
mistakes.  Quite apart from the potential for error, there's a bigger
potential for abuse.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686