Logwatch report on another machine?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jun 4 22:07:36 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

>> /etc/hosts is easy, but will break whenever the IP numbers change.
> ----
> unless I am missing something here, mail will still not work because it
> will still query for a MX record for the domain and thus /etc/hosts is
> not suitable for mail handling

But does sendmail always query for an MX record?

It seems to me from /var/log/maillog that sendmail
(a) knows that it is running on helen.gayleard.com , and
(b) recognizes that alfred.gayleard.com is on the same LAN.
But it still sends the email to my ISP.

Maybe I shouldn't
        define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.eircom.net')dnl
?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net